Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette | Review
Today I am absolutely thrilled to introduce you to the Cocoa Blend Palette from Zoeva. Prior to this, I had never purchased anything from Zoeva, (and I’d actually be lying to say I bought this, I was lucky enough to win it in a giveaway!). With such a range of palettes to choose from, I grabbed the Cocoa Blend one purely because I’d read numerous raving reviews and articles on it, and let’s be honest, the shades are beautiful. And 10 shadows for £18? I’m not complaining! Shall we find out what I really think?
My first impressions were how good quality and high-end the packaging looks and holds together. The casing is soft to touch and sturdy, with no unnecessary and bulky additional packaging (my number one pet hate about some palettes *cough*Urban Decay*cough*).
So, like as I previously mentioned, this palette contains 10 eyeshadows:
- Bitter Start – Palest matte nude.
- Sweeter End – Shimmering duo chrome nougat.
- Warm Notes – Glittering cranberry purple.
- Subtle Blend – Metallic deep bronze.
- Beans Are White – Deep cocoa brown matte.
- Pure Ganache – Pure and luxurious metallic gold.
- Substitute For Love – Toffee brown with subtle shimmer.
- Freshly Toasted – Rich mahogany brown.
- Infusion – Matte dark brown infused with golden glitter.
- Delicate Acidity – Berry toned brown shimmer.
Inspired by warm truffle colours, this palette is so universal and can be worn day AND night which I love. The finishes range from matte, to satin, to duo chrome, to glitter – a variation not many other palettes can offer.
On application, the shades did blend out nicely but I was left disappointed by the formula. The lighter ones were chalky and lacked pigment, and I had to swipe numerous times on all of the shades to get good pay off, probably because none of these contain mineral oil. I am of course comparing these to my favourite of all time, Makeup Geek, so you could say I have high standards. I was just left disappointed by the lack of creaminess and pigmentation.
Anyway, why don’t you feast your eyes on the swatches I did for you below.
7/10. I’m disappointed by the pigmentation and formula but they’re affordable and there’s a great colour selection.
Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette – £18.00
Zoeva Cooa Blend Palette
Have you tried any palettes from Zoeva? What do you think?
Join over 1,000 awesome bloggers and subscribe.
Latest posts by Clarina (see all)
- How much sleep do you need? Top tips for getting a good night’s sleep - 4th May 2017
- Get To Know Chanelle | Featured Blogger Friday - 12th August 2016
- How To Create an Attention Grabbing Blog Post Title - 5th August 2016