10 Reasons Why I Love Coconut Oil | Beauty

10-reasons-why-i-love-coconut-oil-skincare-blog-tips

Good afternoon lovelies.

This is my usual product of the week post but with a fruity twist. I wanted to include this product in my September Beauty Favourites, but I quickly realised that I have so much I want to say about it, so I am dedicating a whole post completely to why I love Coconut Oil so much. That’s right, I am completely and utterly on the bandwagon.

Let me start off my saying that my skin is naturally very oily. I had problematic skin for years because I produced too much oil; I suffered from breakouts, blemishes and redness. I was terrified to put any form of oil onto my skin because surely this would make it worse? I was so wrong. The coconut oil has been a skin changer for me and after all these years, it’s finally balancing out my skin and i’m even sometimes finding dry patches which is crazy!

Do you use coconut oil? What do you think of it?

1. No moisturiser gives me the same result.

Coconut oil can be used as a facial and all over body moisturiser. It sinks into my skin so effortlessly and I see instant effects whereas some moisturisers don’t absorb as nicely and it can take multiple uses to see a noticeable difference. The fatty acids in coconut oil helps lock moisture into the skin, so smooth some over your elbows and other rough spots to soften and heal.

2. It removes all traces of makeup.

Move aside Clinique, my Coconut oil does exactly the same job! Because coconut oil is all organic, it doesn’t upset the eyes and the natural oils break down even the toughest makeup. I apply the coconut oil onto two flat cotton wool pads and then go in all over my face once every evening. I often hold the pad over my eyes for about 10 seconds to make sure that the product fully breaks down the makeup and then rub. It’s also great for removing tough lip products.

3. It can be used to condition hair as well as prevent dandruff.

I swear this stuff just keeps on giving. I have used it on the ends of my hair and it acts like an intense conditioner. Leave on for however long you like but two minutes is plenty of time and then rinse. If you suffer with dandruff, apply onto the roots and rinse.

4. It’s a great treatment for your cuticles.

You know that I don’t have nails, biting them is a shameful habit. But if you want to care for your nails, massage some Coconut Oil directly onto the cuticles, leave for 10 minutes and then wipe away with some cotton wool or a paper towel. It will leave them feeling über soft.

5. It can clean makeup brushes.

Use as a quick spot clean treatment or an intense wash. Personally, I wouldn’t want to waste the Coconut Oil on this because soap works just as well but the option is there. The oil conditions the brush hairs, keeping your brushes fresh and soft. Read more about how I deep clean my makeup brushes here.

6. The price is right.

I got mine from Holland and Barrett for just £7.74 which was half price. That offer is still on so you can shop the product here. I have been using mine for about 3 weeks now and it’s barely gone down and it’s such a large bottle that I feel like I will never run out.

7. No restrictions to when you can use it.

More often than not, products come with a guideline stamped on the back directing you as to when you should use it. The great thing about Coconut Oil is that you can use as much as you want and you could never over do it. I’ve been taking my makeup off with it at night and using it whenever I feel like my skin needs it. On no makeup days I have been topping it up every few hours. I wouldn’t use it before applying makeup because this could cause the makeup to slip and slide around the face, it is intense.

8. It works as an eye cream.

I’m a little bit annoyed really – I just splashed out on the Origins GinZing Eye Cream and the Coconut Oil works in exactly the same way. It’s great for hydrating the gentle skin around your eyes – it’ll leave your eye area baby soft and decrease signs of wrinkles.

9. You can use it as a shaving cream.

I have been using hair conditioner to shave with for as long as I can remember. I first heard the idea when Paris Hilton said she used it before appearing on a panel show, I noticed how glossy her legs were. Coconut Oil works in exactly the same way as conditioner but with less chemicals. Rub it into your skin whilst you’re in the shower or bath and then go straight in with a razor for super soft shiny skin. I have also noticed less irritation such as razor burn since using it.

10. No nasty chemicals.

This is probably the thing I most love about coconut oil. The fact that it can do all of these things and it’s actually beneficial for us to use is amazing. I want to create body scrubs and facial masks with it too, using other natural ingredients such as essential oils and brown sugar.

Thank you so much for reading. How many of you are going to run out and buy some Coconut Oil now?

youtube . twitter . instagram . bloglovin’ . monthly column

Clarina

Clarina helps enthusiastic bloggers develop & stand out online, as well as reviewing popular products, discussing the latest beauty trends and quite honestly anything that takes her fancy. Oh! And she's on YouTube.

Join over 1,000 awesome bloggers and subscribe.

0 comments on “10 Reasons Why I Love Coconut Oil | Beauty”

1. Traci-Ann says:

Off to the shops I go!!! Great tips! 😊

1. Clarina says:

Haha glad to hear it! You won’t regret it 🙂

2. Icy Sedgwick says:

I’ve heard about using coconut oil for dandruff and I’ve often wondered if it works – I’ll have to give it a go!

1. Clarina says:

I’ve not actually tried it for that but I have been using it as a condition and it works wonders. Let me know what you think! 🙂

3. Great post and I totally agree that it is one of those god’s given natural ingredient that works exemplarily well not only to just cooking alone but also to beauty world too. Also, I have done a similar post on coconut oil before. Besides, it is also one of my everyday natural and organic beauty companion.

1. Clarina says:

Thank you 🙂 It really is! I’ll pop over and read your post now. Loads of people seem to be raving about it. I am yet to try it for cooking but may give that a go soon 🙂

1. Yes, you give it a go for cooking too.

2. Clarina says:

I can’t seem to find your post 🙁 Do you have the URL?

1. Clarina says:

Thank you 🙂 look forward to giving that a read x

4. Chanelle says:

Great tips Claire! Especially the shaving one! Is coconut oil good for sensitive skin do you know? x

1. Clarina says:

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed. Yes it is! It has zero chemicals in and is all organic. The natural oils work well with the natural oils already in our skin. I’m so sensitive and it doesn’t effect me at all 🙂 xx

1. Chanelle says:

Another product to add to my list of ‘potential buys’ haha x

1. Clarina says:

Haha the good old wishlist! Mines forever growing too. This is something you only have to buy once and it will last years! X

5. lifebylaurax says:

I love love love coconut oil!!! I use it for everything… Cooking, moisturising and mixed with sugar as a face scrub! Amazing stuff xx

1. Clarina says:

Aah amazing! Cooking? Not tried that yet! It’s an amazing moisturiser and I really want to use it in a facial scrub xx

1. lifebylaurax says:

Yeah literally so easy just a little bit of sugar and I do it with a cotton pad! I don’t have any other oil in the house now I use it for all my cooking and I don’t actually like the taste of coconut but you can’t taste it usually xx

1. Clarina says:

Such a healthy option instead of the general cooking oil! I need to get making. A cheap alternative too xx

1. lifebylaurax says:

Yeah it’s so much better 🙌🏼 all hail coconut oil haha x

2. Clarina says:

Yes haha! Completely 🙂 miracle worker xx

6. Amanda Bella says:

I love Coconut Oil! How have I never thought to use it to clean my brushes or shave my legs?!?! SO doing that ASAP! Love this post 🙂 XO

1. Clarina says:

Haha I know! Who knew?! It’s flipping brilliant stuff. I use it for spot cleaning treatments when i’m filming and need to use the same brush again. Don’t do what I did in the shower and rub it onto the bottom of your feet, it’s very slippy! Thanks so much. Xx

7. Lauren says:

I don’t how I haven’t caught on with Coconut oil yet but it sounds so good! I really need to give it a try! I would love to try it on my hair!

1. Clarina says:

You seriously do! (obviously i’m going to rave about it) but it just keeps giving. It works wonders on split ends and dry hair 🙂 Also just found it can be used for teeth whitening – who knew?!

1. Lauren says:

I’ll definitely be giving it a try! I have been meaning to pick it up for so long but I keep forgetting! I have really dry hair so I am hoping it would work wonders on me! Ooo teeth whitening! It really can do it all haha!

1. Clarina says:

Let me know how it works out! 🙂 Since I put the blonde in mine it definitely needs it 🙂 Thanks for reading again x

1. Lauren says: