Fact of the Day – Water Wakes You Up More Than Caffeine Does

I had a large glass of water instead of my most loved morning cup of breakfast tea today and I feel miles better for it. I was starting to crave two cups of tea every morning because one wasn’t doing it for me anymore. This is because the effects of caffeine effect you less and less the more that you allow yourself.

I feel fresh, awake and full of energy which is very unusual for me because I am not a morning person, it must be the water I drank.

To make it a bit funner and nicer to drink than just a glass of tap water, you could add chunks of cut up fruit like pineapple, orange and lemon and leave them inΒ your fridge over night in the water. You could do a huge jug and it would last the working week.

MakingΒ this fruit infused water will makeΒ it tasteΒ nicer but it’s also an easy way to get good vitamins and nutrients.

I hope that this tip helped you and prompted you to give it a go! Let me know in the comments if you feel better for it.

Thanks for reading xx

Fruit-infused-waters

Clarina

Clarina helps enthusiastic bloggers develop & stand out online, as well as reviewing popular products, discussing the latest beauty trends and quite honestly anything that takes her fancy. Oh! And she's on YouTube.

Join over 1,000 awesome bloggers and subscribe.

38 comments on “Fact of the Day – Water Wakes You Up More Than Caffeine Does”

1. I love this, and drinking water in the AM is a fantastic idea, right when you wake up!

But I don’t recommend leaving fruits & veggies in water overnight; in my experience, they turn soggy & take on a sour taste. But I’m ALL for doing that with fresh produce.

My favourite is cucumber, mint, & slices of lemon!

1. Ooh thanks for the tip! It didn’t even occur to me that they’d go soggy haha! That sounds like a lovely combo! Apparently drinking room temperature water is more beneficial than ice cold water, it speeds your metabolism up – who knew?!

2. Mish Misha says:

I always have a glass of water first thing in the morning. Warm water is even better. It helps to warm up your body, increase blood circulation, and digest out the waste that accumulated overnight!
    Traditional Chinese health and body care method. That’s why a lot of Asian girls don’t drink ice water lol

1. I’ve started to and I’ve noticed such a difference! I didn’t realise that warm is better than cold though – how interesting!

1. Mish Misha says:

It is very interesting indeed! I didn’t believe it when I was kid, now I strictly follow some of these rules lol. I also find that after I pick up this habit, my skin became softer and more hydrated. It takes at least half year to see a difference though.

1. Wow! I noticed a difference in my energy straight away but I’m going to keep it up πŸ™‚ What a cheap way of getting great skin haha! Thanks for the tip πŸ™‚

3. thegreyeye says:

I will try this, I am now in a new venture of using water to purify my skin and remove toxins from my body. Lets see what your advice can add to it πŸ™‚ thanks

1. Awesome πŸ™‚ let me know what you think if you try this. It made such a difference for me! X

1. thegreyeye says:

Okay, sure I will let you know

4. ohyasmin says:

Something else that is nice to do with water is cut up some lemon and pour boiling water over it and allow to cool until warm. It’s like a warm lemonade if the lemon isn’t too sour and you can add a small amount of sugar if you wanted. So nice when it’s cooler or if you fancy a snack but don’t want to eat, just fills that empty place.

1. Ooh wow that sounds amazing! I would never have thought of that. I’ll have to give it a try πŸ™‚ thanks for the comment x

5. audreymaeve says:

You have an absolutely beautiful blog! Also, I have a new blog that I think you all might really like! You should check it out! Style/Lifestyle/Music/etc.

xx Audrey

1. Thank you so much! Sure, I would love to πŸ™‚ x

6. I drink lemon water and now that the balcony has been planted again, I usually add some mint, too.

LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

1. Yeah lemon and mint sounds like such a good combo!

7. Kami Lingren says:

Love this idea, Claire!! I add lemon when I remember to have it on hand as it helps with naturally detoxifying the body. I’ve also done oranges, but would love to get more creative! Thanks for sharing! πŸ’“

1. I think lemon and oranges are such an easy and refreshing way of getting water to taste fresh and citrusy! Thank you for the lovely comment πŸ™‚ x

8. Erin says:

If it weren’t for fruit I would not drink water, as bad as that sounds. It has no taste and that just does not appeal to me, but add a piece of lemon or lime or orange and I’m ready to go. Good for you trying to cut back your caffeine intake, by the way, or at least for understanding the effect it has been having on your body! So many people are so reliant on their coffees or teas in the morning.

1. So many people say that! Most people don’t like water and I don’t blame you because there is no taste. I was amazed by how it changed me for the better after just a few days of ditching a cup of tea as soon as I get up and drinking a glass of water instead, so i’ll carry on πŸ™‚ Thanks for the lovely comment x

9. Mali June says:

Being chronically dehydrated, I usually have just a cup of coffee every morning. I have got to try this, it may be the cure for these dehydration headaches!

1. I think coffee is the worst thing you can drink if you’re dehydrated – try tea if you don’t want to stop caffeine all together and want something a bit more than just water πŸ™‚ Definately try this though – you’ll be surprised! Thanks for commenting xx

1. Mali June says:

No problem. Yeah, I may just stop drinking coffee. I’m going to try it now!

2. Mali June says:

I tried drinking a big glass and the results were wonderful! I feel so refreshed. Thanks for the tips.

1. Great! πŸ™‚ I’m going to force myself to drink some every morning – i’m yet to find someone who actually likes drinking water haha. x

1. Mali June says:

Haha, I don’t think anyone likes water itself. However, I just pop some berries and mint in there and let it go overnight. Great taste!

2. Ooh mint good idea! πŸ™‚

3. Mali June says:

Yes, it’s taking over my garden and so I try to use it all up. I also make a simple syrup with it and pour some in my iced tea.

4. What a good idea!

10. xmishalex says:

I always struggle drinking enough water. Love this post so inspiring. Oh and thank you for the follow. Just starting out so it’s great to experience some support! πŸ™‚

1. I always have but then I heard of the fruit infused water and thought what a good idea it was! No problem πŸ™‚ I like your posts! x

1. xmishalex says:

Yes I love that idea. Would be lovely to hear some feedback on my latest post. Trying to figure out what to do next on my blog πŸ˜‰

1. Yep i’ve left you a comment πŸ™‚

11. I drink water like a fish haha. I always have a glass in the morning it gets your metabolism going and wakes you up far better than caffeine will πŸ™‚

1. I wish I could drink more! I was just so shocked by the instant results πŸ™‚ It’s so good you can drink lots! x