Smashbox Photo Set Finishing Powder | Rubbish or Repurchase?!
Smashbox Photo Set Finishing Powder – £19
I purchased this powder from Boots a few weeks ago as part of a haul (you can view that here). This was an impulse buy but i’d seen translucent powders floating around the internet and shops and I’d been eager to buy one. I’ve used this in a lot of my videos since and it’s become a part of my daily makeup routine.
Smashbox claims “This matte, oil-absorbing powder goes on velvety-smooth to set a flawless complexion. Silica blurs fine lines, while SPF 15 guards against harmful UV rays, to protect and help makeup last all day.” And that it does. The application of the product goes on so smoothly and effortlessly.
I have very oily skin which has caused a very long and difficult journey when it comes to finding the right product that will help my makeup to last all day, and this product exceeded my expectations. I bought the powder to set my makeup in place and anything else that came from it would be a bonus. The product set my makeup in place, reduced oiliness majorly throughout the day and left my skin feeling silky smooth. Only a small amount of the product is needed as well which is always a money saving bonus.
Smashbox gave me really good service – when they recognised that I was a new customer, they gave me a few treats with my purchase such a primer and lipsticks.
The only negatives that I can say about this product are:
- The wastage that it can produce. A lot of access powder can “float away” and disappear into the air around you because the consistency is so light. This can’t be avoided and it isn’t a major issue because the quality of the powder makes up for it.
- The packing of the product makes it difficult to retrieve the desired amount of powder. Tiny holes let small amounts of powder through and tapping the container to release more powder can cause product to spill and become wasted.
This product was well worth £19 and I will be repurchasing it as soon as I finish the first one!
Thanks for reading, I hope this helped you xx
Join over 1,000 awesome bloggers and subscribe.
Latest posts by Clarina (see all)
- How much sleep do you need? Top tips for getting a good night’s sleep - 4th May 2017
- Get To Know Chanelle | Featured Blogger Friday - 12th August 2016
- How To Create an Attention Grabbing Blog Post Title - 5th August 2016